On plant foods, you often want delicious pancakes. But many complain that pancakes without eggs are falling apart, without milk they are neither tasty nor nutritious. Therefore, I decided to make a selection of recipes for different pancakes. Choose what you like and enjoy.
Chickpeas pancakes on a mineral spring
Chickpea pancakes are prepared from a minimal set of products, mineral water will do the job, and the pancakes will turn out tender and thin without the addition of baking or baking powder. Any unsweetened gravy or sauce is suitable for chickpea pancakes on a mineral water. But this light gravy with the freshness of greens and the piquancy of lemon and garlic is a great option, besides it cooks and insists quickly while pancakes are baked.
- Chickpea flour – 115 g
- Spelled flour – 115 g
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Mineral water (sparkling) – 400 ml
- Salt – a pinch
- Greens (chopped) – 4 tbsp. (with a slide)
- Vegetable cream (from 20% fat content) – 200 ml
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper (ground) – to taste
- Prepare the gravy of greens. For this, finely chopped greens, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper are mixed in a small bowl. Add lemon juice and cream, mix everything and leave to insist, while we are doing pancakes.
- Let’s prepare the dough for pancakes, for this, we mix two types of flour and salt.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil and mineral water. Lightly beat the mixture with a whisk to obtain a homogeneous batter without lumps.
- The remaining 1 tbsp. we will use olive oil to grease a pancake pan.
So, heat the pan over medium heat, grease it with a small amount of oil, pour a small amount of dough and evenly distribute it, rocking the pan. You should get a thin pancake with a diameter of about 15-20 cm, which will conveniently be rolled up.
Pancakes are baked quickly, and despite the fact that there is no sugar in the dough, they are well browned. 30-40 seconds are enough for baking one side, about 20 seconds for the second side.
Serve pancakes immediately with gravy of fresh herbs.
Vegan pancakes are baked in a hot dry frying pan without oil. Soft, flexible, velvet on one side and porous, pierced with large holes – on the other, mini pancakes easily fold in half and are suitable for filling, like cakes.
- Water – 220 ml
- Vegetable oil – 30 ml
- Agave Syrup – 30 ml
- Soda – 2-3 g
- Lemon juice – 5 ml
- Take the products on the list: flour, sugar, vegetable oil, soda, lemon, water.
- Mix the dry ingredients – flour and sugar.
- Pour refined vegetable oil and gradually add water at room temperature (maybe a little less water will be needed). The desired consistency is thick sour cream.
- Knead a homogeneous dough without lumps. We quench soda with lemon juice and quickly mix with the dough.
Immediately proceed to the baking of lean pancakes. We heat the pan and pour out 2-3 tbsp. dough in the center (the diameter of the pancake is about 12 cm), dry until frequent holes appear on the surface of the pancake.
Turn over and after 20-30 seconds remove from the pan. Repeat the steps with the remaining test for pancakes.
Serve pancakes with honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, jam.
Pancakes on mineral water
- Flour – 200 grams
- Mineral water – 400 ml
- Sugar – 20 grams
- Salt – a pinch
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp.
- First, mix the dry ingredients: flour, salt, sugar.
- Pour the first glass of mineral water, knead a homogeneous mass without lumps.
- Add a second glass of mineral water, vegetable oil, whisk intensely.
Immediately proceed to baking thin lean pancakes on a mineral water. Lubricate the hot pan with a thin layer of coconut oil, pour the batter and fry on both sides.
Lean pancakes on mineral water are ready. We serve them with jam, honey, jam.
Lean, vegetarian pancakes made from raw lentils and water are a simple, healthy, tasty, and very easy to prepare alternative to bread.
- Red lentils – 150 g
- Water – 300 ml
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Paprika – 1 tsp (optional)
- A mixture of Italian herbs – 0.5-1 tsp (optional)
- Vegetable oil – for frying (optional)
- Rinse and strain the lentils. Pour 150 grams of lentils with 300 milliliters of water. Cover the container with a lid and leave at room temperature for 3 hours. In this recipe, it is important to observe the proportions of the components, since the final consistency of the test depends on them.
- Place the lentils in the bowl of the blender, together with the water in which it was infused. The amount of water at this point will decrease, since lentil grains will partially absorb it, but the remaining water will be enough to dilute the “dough” to the desired consistency.
- Grind the lentils in a blender for 3-4 minutes until you get a completely smooth and homogeneous, puree mass.
- To the resulting mass, add to taste a little salt and ground pepper, as well as ground paprika and a mixture of dried herbs or spices to your taste. Mix well.
The dough is ready, you can start frying pancakes. On medium heat, heat a non-stick pan and brush a thin layer of vegetable oil on the bottom of the pan. Pour 2 tbsp into the pan. flatten the dough in a circular motion with a thin layer until a pancake with a diameter of about 12 cm is obtained.
Fry the pancake over medium heat for 1.5 minutes on one side, until the surface of the dough, is slightly dry and dull. Then turn the pancake over and fry for about 1 minute on the other side.
From the specified number of ingredients, approximately 6-7 pancakes with a diameter of 12 cm are obtained.
- Green buckwheat flour – 100 grams
- Water – 300 ml
- Coconut oil – 45 ml
- Cocoa powder – 25 grams
- Pumpkin seeds flour – 20 grams
- Vinegar slaked soda – 3 grams
- A pinch of salt
- Mix flour and cocoa. Add water and mix thoroughly.
- Add oil and salt. Redeem soda with vinegar.
- Fry in a hot pan on both sides. Serve with berry jam or maple syrup.